OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
RECEPTIONIST / CLERICAL ASSISTANT required for September 2019
36 hours per week (term time only 44.46 weeks)
Scale LBR3 Point 5-6, £18,460 to £18,794 per annum
(pro rata of £21,591 to 21,981 fte)
A confident and calm communicator, you will be the first point of contact for staff and visitors to the school, ensuring our students’ safety and security by checking all people entering and leaving the building. You will operate the switchboard and deal with calls and general enquiries and utilise your IT and organisational skills to complete administrative duties as directed. You must have excellent customer service skills and communication and interpersonal skills to deal politely and assertively in a number of situations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication skills with students, parents, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience in a school or office setting.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Effective use of ICT packages.
- First aid training / willingness to undertake first aid training
- Ability to relate to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team.
- Ability to act on own initiative, work under pressure and multitask.
- Flexibility and a good sense of humour.
- Commitment to maintaining a positive ethos.
- Willingness to be fully involved in the life of the school.
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
- Continued Professional Learning programme for all staff
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The closing date for applications will be midday Wednesday 17th July 2019. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Early application is advised as applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may then be closed.