We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to join our head office team as Receptionist.
The successful candidate will be based at our central office located next to East Croydon station with easy access to London Bridge and Victoria as well as fast access to the M25.
Our central team comprises a dedicated, driven group of departments working centrally to provide support across the Federation and all of our academies. Across a multitude of key departments, we maintain an outstanding body of staff all integral to supporting central and academy finance, HR, Data, Estates management, Talent and many more. We look for dedicated experts in their fields to support this work. If you would like to join the administration and operational development of a highly successful multi-academy trust, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The successful candidate will undertake Reception and other Administrative duties within the CEO team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Professionally welcoming and receiving all visitors to Head Office in accordance with safeguarding and Health & Safety procedures.
- Providing telephone switchboard services
- Ensure reception area and meetings rooms are inspected, kept tidy and returned to original state following meetings
- Assisting Office Manager with facilitation of office maintenance processes
- Ordering and preparing refreshments for meetings and events.
- Maintaining employee records for purpose of updating switchboard for leavers/new starters.
- Receiving and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail and parcels and maintain the franking machine account which includes ordering franking supplies.
- Managing couriers and associated accounts.
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate academy contact sheet
- Providing confidential general clerical and administrative support
- Supporting Federation-wide events such as Conferences, Sports Days, Training Sessions
Qualifications & Experience
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering a high-quality administrative service
- Experience of a range of general administrative duties
- Good ICT skills and experience, including Word, Excel, and management information systems
- Qualifications to GCSE level or equivalent
- Ideally, at least two years’ experience working in an office environment
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
- English secondary schools
The Harris Federation is a not-for-profit educational charity with almost 25 years of education experience in and around London. Our primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form academies have an international reputation for delivering a step chang...