Do you want to use your organisational skills to deliver a diverse range of sports, creative and social activities?
Do you want to develop experience of managing a team of specialists and non–specialists in a residential environment?
Do you want to gain experience with international students?
For more than 40 years, we've been helping young people from all over the world to improve their spoken English, get a taste of UK culture and gain valuable life experience. To date over 60,000 students have spent the summer with us on one of our high quality, British Council accredited courses! We take great care in choosing our residential centres, which are all based at beautiful and prestigious boarding schools, and we take equal care in choosing the staff we would like to look after these young people. We are now looking for energetic and enthusiastic Recreation Directors for Summer 2018.
Who You Are
- qualifications and experience as a teacher of PE
- a proven track-record in administration
- worked with the age range of the students at our centres
- organised school events / trips / sports competitions or similar
- the ability to engender a positive attitude in staff
- the flexibility to respond to the unexpected
- a sense of humour and enthusiasm
- the ability to command respect from staff and students
- a genuine interest in the welfare of young people
- have overall responsibility for the recreation programme incl. campus activities and excursions to places of interest
- be supported by at least a small team of Recreation Assistants
- create a safe and stimulating environment in which students enjoy themselves.
- deliver the pre-determined Recreation Programme
- have access to high quality facilities
- take responsibility for the centre to cover the Course Director’s day off
- be a Designated Safeguarding Officer for the course (if needed)
What Our Staff Say
"During my time with TVSS I have spent time at both the Epsom and Rugby centres and have found all my experiences to be personally rewardable and fully worthwhile. Not only did the role improve my organisational and managerial skills but keeps giving me the opportunity to do the recreational activities I enjoy! TVSS also enabled me to meet, know and work with some great people." Simon – various centres 2014–2017
“My time with TVSS over the last five summers has been both rewarding and enjoyable. The Windsor staff are all willing to support and staff. The centres are all well equipped and the access to there amazing facilities means Revreation for the students is both fun and engaging. I cannot recommend working for TVSS enough as they have done so much for my career as well as making lifelong friends.” Jonny – various centres 2013-2017
“The course is extremely well thought-out with the professionalism of the staff delivering a fun and challenging course that always exceeds the expectations of the students. I can’t speak highly enough of the company, they are an extremely good school to work for.” Kate -various centres 2011-2017
Salary and Benefits
- Basic weekly salary from £540 plus 12.12% statutory holiday pay
- Paid preparation days
- Full-board accommodation
- Average six-day week
- Various contract lengths available (from 3-6 weeks)
- Access to high quality facilities at the centres
Recreation Directors arrive at their centre 3 days prior to students to prepare for the beginning of the course.
Please visit our website at www.thamesvalleysummer.co.uk and click on Work For Us.
There you will find a full job description and our online application form.
If you would like more information or to chat about the role, please call Lisa Bishop on 01753 852 001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appoint on a rolling basis so early applications are always encouraged. Candidates for our senior positions will have two interviews as part of the appointment process. The first will be a Skype interview. The second would normally be a personal interview held at our Head Office in Windsor.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
- All references will be followed up
- Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
- Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
- All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police (if based overseas)