- Job ref: 2100
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £22,505 - £23,486 per annum
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Recruitment and Contracting Officer to join our Apprenticeships and Commercial Training team. Our Apprenticeships and Commercial Training department is a friendly, fast paced and busy environment, where no two days are the same.
As a Recruitment and Contracting Officer, you will provide excellent customer service through liaising with potential employers and apprentices. You will support them through the process of recruitment, contracting and compliance from start to end of the apprenticeship programme.
This role will involve:
- Recruiting and placing apprentices with local businesses, by finding, interviewing, and matching prospective apprentices to suitable apprenticeship roles.
- Promoting apprenticeship vacancies, internally and externally and through social media
- Supporting both employers and apprentices throughout the apprenticeship journey
- Processing employer paperwork in a timely manner, ensuring they are compliant, accurate and systems are updated to ensure apprentices can be enrolled and funding secured.
As a Recruitment and Contracting Officer, you should:
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have experience of working in a customer facing environment
- Have experience of working within apprenticeships administration and/or recruitment.
- Have experience of Further Education Colleges
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of representing the College in a professional manner with external agencies and stakeholders
- The ability to negotiate with external customers to meet compliance requirements
- Excellent administration, organisational and IT skills
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 20 September 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 6 October 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...