Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Hours: 40 hours per week
Meldreth Manor School provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people age 6-19 years with severe and complex communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism and brain injury. Children may have complex health and sensory needs and associated difficulties that require specialist support to enable them to access a bespoke curriculum.
Meldreth Manor provides residential care for children attending school and on a short-breaks basis to children from the surrounding region. It shares the site with our transitional centre, Orchard Manor. Currently undergoing significant redevelopment, the 16-acre site will provide contemporary living and learning environments designed for young people with complex communication needs. The investment in both the infrastructure and our people will transform Meldreth into one of the leading education and care services in the UK.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate person to join our committed team and be part of the service’s exciting future.
- This is an important and challenging role, but also an exciting one where you will need to adapt your approach for individual students and be flexible around their particular health, care and communication needs. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll collaborate with colleagues to ensure student health and welfare is promoted across the school and residential homes and that everyone has the opportunity to maximise their potential for learning and greater independence.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support staff to maintain the health and welfare of children and young people.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of Individual Care Plans.
- Train staff to undertake some nursing, care or health related tasks.
- Ensure that individual children’s records are accurate and are presented and maintained in a manner consistent with company and regulation standards.
- Promote collaborative working within the residential home, school and other teams to ensure a holistic approach is taken to each children’s education, health and wellbeing.
- Take responsibility for managing, training others and administration of meds.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate and adequate supplies and health care resources necessary to support students with their general health needs.
- Implement Meldreth Manor’s health and safety and child or adult protection procedures, ensuring a safe environment for students and staff.
- Maintain effective links with parents, local authorities and other external agencies.
- Ensure personal professional competence, maintaining a professional portfolio as prescribed by the NMC.
- Lead in health promotion and education for all children and staff as appropriate.
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified with a Nursing Diploma or Nursing Degree
- Experience of learning disabilities, or relevant general or paediatric experience.
- Experience of epilepsy management, gastro feeds, respiratory conditions would be an advantage.
- Experience in training others.
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid holiday
- Training and Development
For more information or to request a job description please call Meldreth and Orchard Manor HR Department on 01763 268000 or email MMOMRecruitment@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care.