Position: Religious Education Adviser
Salary Range: $124,197 - $139,785
Tenure: Full-time (5 Year Contract)
Commencing Date: January 2020
Location: TCE Office, Kirwan
Closing Date: 4pm Monday 16th September 2019
Townsville Catholic Education supports 29 schools in our Diocese, located in a region extending to Mount Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south and north to Abergowrie. The Catholic Diocese of Townsville provides a diverse range of education choices including primary, secondary and Prep-to-Year 12, as well as kindergarten and childcare facilities. Each provides a high educational standard in a caring and stimulating environment. The Diocese has a growing Indigenous education program and some of our schools offer both boarding and day-student facilities.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications for a Religious Education Adviser to commence within our diocese in 2020 for a 5 Year Contract.
Purpose of the Role
The Religious Education Adviser is responsible for the support of Catholic education and school leadership in the development and maintenance of quality educational outcomes in schools in the Diocese of Townsville. The Religious Education Adviser is accountable for effectively contributing to the capacity and capability building of educators to improve Catholic Identity, Religious Education, religious literacy and faith formation for students and staff of TCE. A key focus for this role is coaching and support to build capacity at service and school level.
As the Religious Education Adviser, you will:
- Create and manage positive learning environments with the intention of improving student learning outcomes through the provision of specialist curriculum advice in accordance with the System Learning Framework, support Principals, school leaders and teachers.
- Creating and managing positive learning environments which hold the Catholic tradition at the core of teaching practice through the provision of specialist Religious Education advice in accordance with the System Learning Framework, support Principals, APREs, other school leaders and teachers.
- Work as part of a School Service Team, proactively liaise with schools to ensure the early identification of Religious Education support needs and the timely sharing of important information
- Collaborate directly with Principals and APREs to help schools prepare their annual curriculum review through the development of a School Development Plan which best meets the individual needs of the school considering its learning environment and unique context
- Draw on specialist advice from the System Learning & Teaching Adviser – Religious Education, manage planning for the support of professional development and renewal of teachers in teaching and learning practices. This includes the delivery and/or coordination of quality Catholic formation and professional development opportunities for teachers of Religious Education
- Proactively support school communities in the improvement of spiritual formation for staff and students through motivation, consultation and delivery of appropriate services
- Foster an environment of mutual support for growth and professional development by coordinating networking and cluster support for school RE leaders and teachers, and by collaborating directly with school service team peers to ensure a coordinated approach to the provision of advice and to support to a cluster of schools
- Provide specialist advice to both the Director – Catholic Identity & Indigenous Education Services and the Education Consultant and monitor the development and implementation of government educational policy and procedures as it impacts on Catholic schools in the Townsville system.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $124,917 - $139,785 (depending on experience)
- 5 weeks annual leave - with leave loading paid on 4 weeks
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications
- Registration or eligibility for registration with Queensland College of Teachers
- A minimum of 8 semester units of post graduate study in Religious Education, Scripture, Theology, Catholic Ethos
- Full accreditation to teach/teach Religious Education in a Catholic school
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Townsville Diocese.
- Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Recent experience teaching Religious education in a Catholic School within the K-12 range
- Demonstrated successful experience coaching and supporting school staff to implement Religious Education programs, and competency in preparing and presenting professional development for teachers in an adult learning environment
- Experience in teaching and assessment of Religious Education and Theology courses at Certificate IV level would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Purpose of Catholic Education
- Demonstrated contemporary knowledge of theology (assessment & reporting), Catholic formation and Religious Education curriculum and teaching practice
- Knowledge of liturgical practice according to the Liturgical documents of Vatican II
- Knowledge of pastoral care practices and principles as applicable to Catholic Schools
- Understanding of curriculum directions at State and National levels
- Knowledge of the Queensland Board of Teacher Registration requirements
- Knowledge of Diocesan policy and procedures
- Ability to successfully plan, implement and evaluate projects and professional learning strategies supporting education for students in the K-12 range
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below and respond to the questions.
- Refer to the supporting documents (see links below) to assist you with completing your responses to each question. The questions have been designed to ascertain how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the key requirements of the role. Please answer each question in no more than 300 words.
- Upload a current resume with contact details of two referees, one being your current line manager/school leader, the other being your Parish Priest.
- Upload any relevant qualifications
The Supporting Documents are:
TCE Strategic Directions
Employment in a Catholic School
The successful applicant will be required to commence in 2020.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Louise Vella-Cox on 07 4773 0900
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services email@example.com
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications will close 4pm 16th September 2019
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 9th of October.