Residential Boarding Assistant
(Term Time only - would suit a Graduate / Gap Year Student)
Required for September 2021
£14,500 plus accommodation
We are looking to recruit a motivated, caring person to join a team of staff to support the academic and pastoral progress of our boarding students. This position is fixed term for the academic year 2021/2022.
Applicants would be required to live in school accommodation during term time. We would expect you to assist with specific duties in the School for 24 out of 40 periods a week, as well as being part of the duty boarding rota which includes being part of the weekend rota every week.
The successful candidate will:
- provide for the safety, good discipline and pastoral wellbeing of all pupils in their House;
- be a person who has a genuine interest in young people;
- be an effective team member;
- make an enthusiastic contribution to the extracurricular programme;
- be willing to take an active part in the wider life of the school;
- have experience to offer assistance in one or more of the following areas:
- Classroom Teaching Assistant
- Creative Arts/Science Technician
We can offer you:
- pupils who are well motivated and enthusiastic;
- positive school environment;
- accommodation and meals during term time
The closing date for applications Sunday 18 April 2021
Interviews to be held week the following week
Further information and an application pack are available on the School website: www.farringtons.org.uk
The school reserves the right to appoint before the closing date, so early applications are advised.
Farringtons School is set in 25 acres of beautiful grounds close to London. We provide an excellent academic and supportive day and boarding environment for girls and boys age 3 -18.
The School is a member of MIST (Methodist Independent Schools Trust)
We are committed to encouraging diversity. We aim for our workforce to be representative of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to providing equality and fairness in our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years