£19,446 to £22,401 FTE, £16,294 to £18,770 actual salary
36 hours per week 39 weeks per year
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) and is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 boys and can offer up to 14 residential places (including extended days) on a flexible basis for up to 4 nights per week.
We provide a highly effective and individual package of education, care and pastoral support to young people who may have had only negative experiences of school. A safe, caring environment supported by high levels of staffing ensures each pupil has the opportunity to make progress and achieve their full potential. We are a good school with outstanding features and we invest, not only in our students, but also our staff by providing regular CPD opportunities. The academy is situated within easy reach of the M25 and M3 and, although in Surrey, is very close to Berkshire and Hampshire.
We are looking for an experienced Residential Childcare Officer to work mainly in a residential setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a stimulating programme which aims at meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of each pupil. You will be responsible for helping pupils prepare for leaving school so that they become valued members of society.
What you can offer:
- You will be educated to NVQ Level 3: Caring for children and young people
- You have previous experience of working with children in a school/early years environment.
- You will have a good standard of education
- Some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of strategies to support children would be an advantage.
We would particularly like to hear from graduates looking for work experience prior to teacher training as we have a well established Schools Direct programme.
What we can offer:
- Subsidized staff housing for an exceptional candidate!
- An extremely friendly, supportive and caring team who all work together
- An approachable and welcoming Senior Leadership team who are actively involved in the day to day running of the school
- Free school lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent CPD courses including Safeguarding, MAPA and Health and Safety
- The opportunity to develop your education career; Wishmore Cross has a track record of developing, progressing and training up staff via the School Direct programme.
We warmly welcome candidates to come and see for yourself what we can offer. Please contact the school on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to drop by.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be offered membership of a Health Cash Plan, Pension Scheme and Childcare Vouchers.
Closing date: Monday 10 December 2018
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.