Residential House Parent
DLD College London is seeking a new full-time House Parent to be residential in the boarding house. Salary is in the range of £21,000 to £22,000, plus accommodation. DLD is an independent co-educational College with around 520 students from 46 different countries and includes over 250 boarders. It is situated in a state-of-the-art building in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a ‘gold standard’ of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.
Full duties and responsibilities
You will provide support and guidance to all boarders to promote their welfare and wellbeing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working within a boarding schools environment.
- Working knowledge of Child Protection (Safeguarding), the National Minimum Standards for Boarding and ISI regulations and guidelines
- Good knowledge of UK legislation relating to the welfare of young people
- Student Services experience in the education sector desirable
- Certified at the enhanced DBS level (check to be undertaken prior to employment)
- Current First Aid certificate (Training to be provided)
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective judgement and decision making abilities
- Good IT skills
- Good English language written and verbal skills
Please clickhere to go to the Alpha Plus Group careers page to complete an online application.