About the role
Sheffield Springs Academy is delighted to advertise the post of Resistant Materials Teacher to complement our existing department as our student numbers continue to grow. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential teacher with a specialism in Resistant Materials to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4 for a September 2021 start date. This is an exciting time to join the academy following our recent Ofsted ‘Good’ grading.
We have excellent on-site facilities and would encourage prospective applicants to organise a visit to site before applying. This is an excellent opportunity to join Sheffield Springs Academy as we look to increase capacity within our successful Technology department.
We will only consider candidates who can positively contribute in our journey to become an ‘outstanding’ school. We are looking for either experienced applicants who are able to evidence a strong track record of student success or newly qualified teachers who have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you
- Excellent facilities and resources including bespoke RM equipment and classrooms.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with our teaching cohort in other schools within the South Yorkshire cluster.
In return, we are looking for
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently good-outstanding within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about English and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcomed from both experienced teachers and NQT’s. We are also able to offer a relocation package for those applicants looking to relocate. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits and ultimately the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Closing date: Monday 17 May 2021 (applications must be received no later than 12noon).
Interviews: To take place later the same week.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact on the details below
Please apply online by clicking on the following link.
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Sheffield Springs Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Sheffield Springs Academy is a United Learning academy, ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confiden...