Salary: TSAT Payscale C £17,632 - £19,769 ( pro rata to £14,927- £16,736 for hours stated)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Location: Plymouth High School for Girls, St Lawrence Road, Plymouth, PL4 6HT
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by its slogan “For life, not school, we learn”.
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school “ – Latest Ofsted Report
We are looking for a Resources and Administration Assistant to join our team to provide efficient administrative support to out school.
The focus of the role initially is supporting the teaching staff in the creation of displays to showcase the school, the copying of resources and other promotional activities. The role will also include general administrative support.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in an administrative role
- Have a creative approach to designing and preparing school displays for students, staff, parents and visitors.
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent ICT skills, including experience of using MS products such as Word and Outlook
- Be flexible and adaptable, ready to undertake a variety of roles as needed
- Able to work to deadlines
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Professional telephone manner
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful family of schools that work together to improve the life chances of all its children and young people. Our Trust currently consists of 17 schools, 12 primary and 5 Secondary, based across the Portsmouth, Kent and Plymouth
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a really exciting time for the school, as we join The Thinking Schools Academy Trust , If you are interested in joining our school and our Multi-Academy Trust and developing your career, please apply today!
Closing date: January 19th 2021
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Plymouth High School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years