Respite Support Worker
£350.00 to £375.00 per week
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferrable experience working with individuals with SEND
Contract Dates: To start supply in September 2021
Vision for Education are urgently seeking experience SEND Respite Support Workers to work in a school settings across Chesterfield.
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be required to support the class teacher and other teaching assistants in the delivery of lessons, whilst also providing support and guidance to the students in their variety of learning needs. We have helped many Respite Support Workers to transfer their experience into a school based setting.
Vision for Education are a temporary supply agency and are looking for people who are seeking either day to day or long-term supply placements.
Working with students with special educational needs is an extremely rewarding environment to work in, however can be challenging getting to know the needs of students and therefore this role benefits from consistency and continuity.
Ideally for this role you will have in date moving and handling training or have recent experience in this.
Vision for education currently work with a school in the Chesterfield area, that cater for needs including but not limited to PMLD, MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASD, Global Delay, VI, HI, SEMH and behaviours that challenge.
This school is passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
To be considered for the position of Respite Support Worker / SEND Teaching Assistant you will:
• Be reliable, flexible and creative!
• Have experience supporting children and young adults with a range of different learning needs and abilities – PMLD, MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASD, Global Delay, VI, HI, SEMH
• Ideally have your own transport or close public transport links
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature and a genuine desire to make a difference.
• Moving and handling is highly desirable
• Team Teach is highly desirable but we provide this training FREE OF CHARGE
• Experience with both small group and 1:1 is beneficial
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced Respite Support Worker / SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield Branch on 0114 553 0900
Vision for Education Ltd