We are seeking a career-minded and enthusiastic School Administrator to work in our school office.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary people skills, experience and competence to work in this busy environment with adults and children alike. Proficiency in English, both spoken and written, is essential as well as a polite and friendly telephone manner.
It is essential that the candidate has a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. Experience of working with SIMS and in the education sector is desirable.
St Anthony’s School for Girls is an independent school, based in Hampstead, with girls aged from four to eleven.
Rated by Ofsted as “Outstanding” in all areas it offers a safe, nurturing environment for young girls to thrive academically, socially and spiritually.
Reporting to the Headteacher, the post holder will provide support of administrative and financial support to the School, working with the School Registrar and Marketing Manager to ensure the smooth running of the school office.
The salary for the position will be between £28,000 and £32,000 depending on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate shall be entitled to take 25 days annual leave per year plus all Public Holidays.
St Anthony’s School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance along with other relevant pre-employment checks. References will be taken up and carefully checked.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please apply in confidence by completing the online application form and equal opportunities monitoring form found on the Alpha Plus Group careers page.
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be responded to. Closing date for applications is 1st November 2018. Interviews will take place in the week of 5th November.
The School Administrator will undertake normal secretarial duties including:
- Act as the first point of contact for the school
- Answer the telephone; screening and directing calls
- Make appointments for parents, prospective parents and visitors to the school in conjunction with the School Registrar
- Deal with tradesmen and maintenance staff
- Manage the minibus timetable
- General office duties
As the Headteacher’s PA, the School Administrator will undertake such duties as:
- Plan, organise and maintain the Headteacher’s diary, arranging appointments and meetings
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, by e-mail, telephone or letter, with senior management, administrators, teachers, staff, parents and the wider community, promoting and protecting the reputation of the school at all times.
- Managing the admissions procedures during the school holidays
In connection with pupils the School Administrator will:
- Undertake such training as is required to qualify as a registered First Aider and to update this training as necessary
- Assist when necessary to administer medication to children following Group policy
- Check the First Aid Boxes and replenish as necessary
- Contact parents whenever necessary in relation to any need expressed by the Headteacher or staff on behalf of the pupil
- Cover break and lunchtime duties as necessary
In connection with the School’s finances the School Administrator will:
- Invoice fees termly and deal with banking as required
- Maintain fees ledger and aged debtors
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation in line with group month end timetable
- File all financial paperwork efficiently and keeping it up to date
- Process personal expense claim forms and submit to Head Office
- Process petty cash claims and submit summary to Head Office
- Deal with parental fee enquiries and calls from suppliers
- Process credit card monthly statement and submit to Head Office
- Process cheque requisitions and submit to Head Office
- Manage orders and purchases
In connection with the Extra-curricular/Peripatetic provision the School Administrator will:
- Conduct an annual parent survey of interest Create annual and weekly timetables for all clubs and peripatetic lessons
- Monitor parent/pupil satisfaction and report to the Headteacher as appropriate
- Answer all parent enquiries regarding these activities Communicate with tutors regarding timetables/parental feedback/pricing/lesson cancellations
In addition the School Administrator will:
- Undertake the training and development which is relevant to the performance of the duties described in this document
- Attend any meetings that are appropriate to the post as required by the Headteacher
- Attend any formal or informal events as required by the Headteacher
- Be familiar with all necessary rules and regulations pertaining to the school including those relating to Health and Safety
- Undertake any further duties as maybe reasonably required by the Headteacher
Alpha Plus Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS, and have DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) clearance. References must be provided and will be carefully checked.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships