Salary range 9 Actual Salary £38,496 - £42,970 (FTE £41,618 - £46,455) depending on experience and qualifications
37 hours per week / 42 weeks per annum
Start date: 16 April 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to manage the school’s finances in line with school policies, and to play a key role in supporting the Headteacher and Governors in setting and meeting the school’s financial objectives. The School Business Manager is the school’s leading support staff professional and works as part of the Extended Senior Leadership Team to assist the Head Teacher in her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
The successful candidate will have had experience in a public or private sector setting, with relevant experience in finance and budget management. The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of school life and will :
- Excel in financial management
- Be a confident leader and effective team player
- Have highly effective interpersonal and team skills
- Have significant relevant experience
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification or be working towards one (desirable)
- Be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ideally have a background in an educational establishment with a good understanding of school finances
We can offer you a supportive and innovative environment to work within and opportunities for Professional Development which will allow you to further enhance your skillful practice. The successful candidate will have free access to our fitness suite, onsite parking and will have the opportunity to take part in a host of social activities. We have a School Café which provides reasonably priced hot meals and snacks.
If you would like to join us on our exciting journey please download the school’s application form below. Alternatively you can download an application form from our school website: www.amershamschool.org.uk. Completed forms and a covering letter should be addressed to the Headteacher, Sharon Jarrett and sent to Lyn Rowley, Office Manager, on email@example.com.
The school is committed to stringent safe recruitment procedures and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
Closing date : 1 p.m. Monday 26 February 2018