Required as soon as possible after 1st December, Governors are excited to offer this rare opportunity to appoint a School Business Manager to Cardinal Langley RC High School.
Our voluntary-aided, Roman-Catholic 11-18 High School is highly respected in the local community and continues to expand due to its popularity, benefitting from a £14 million investment in facilities through the Building Schools for the Future Programme, whilst September 2016 marked the opening of our De La Salle Centre which provides a designated facility for our Year 7 students.
Staff welfare and development are key aspects of our school community. We have an excellent professional development and welfare programme for all staff. There is a great deal of respect and support amongst staff, and as a new colleague you will find that you are quickly welcomed into the Cardinal Langley family.
We are proud of our Catholic character but also of our diversity and everyone is most welcome within our school community, regardless of faith. A willingness of staff to respect and support the Catholic ethos of our school is however essential.
The Business Manager role is a crucial one within school, with significant responsibilities in terms of the strategic and operational aspects of financial resource management, business planning, risk management, information management and ICT, human resource management, facility & property management and health & safety management of the school.
The successful candidate will be
• A strategic thinker
• Experienced at school business, finance and resources management
• Skilled at managing systems and people
• Able to think creatively and problem solve
To apply, please complete the CES application form for support staff and email it to email@example.com quoting the job reference SBM3/CLHS/210924 on the application form.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detail about the role. You must show in your application how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12:00 Noon on Friday 24th September 2021.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 4th October (date TBC).
If you would like to visit the school, or for an informal chat with the Headteacher about the role, please contact us on 0161 643 4009 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identification: To be appointed, you must be able to provide the following pieces of identification:
- A piece of official, photographic identification such as a Passport or Driving Licence Photocard.
- Verification of any name changes (Birth Certificate plus Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate, Deed Poll, Decree Absolute/Civil Partnership Dissolution Certificate, etc.). This does not apply to a change of surname due to adoption before the age of ten.
- Proofs of Identification for your Disclosure and Barring Service check (please refer to the list of valid id documents). These documents must confirm your name, current address and date of birth.
- Recent evidence of current address: This should be an official document which confirms your name and current address and is dated within the last three months.
- Proof of right to work in the UK (please refer to the attached checklist).
Cardinal Langley RC High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and background check and submission of a Rehabilitation of Offenders Declaration. You must agree to this and be able to provide the required identification / documentation listed above in order to be appointed to this post. If you cannot produce this within the given timescale, it may result in any offer of employment being withdrawn. Applicants are informed that if appointed to this post their contract of employment will be with Cardinal Langley RC High School Governing Board, which is the employer, and not the local authority.
Cardinal Langley RC High School & Sixth Form
Middleton, North Manchester (M24)
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years