Lyngford Park Primary School is a forward thinking ambitious and exciting school, staffed by talented and committed teachers who are well supported by a strong and dynamic Senior Leadership Team, excellent team of teaching assistants, support staff and a highly committed Governing Body.
We need an exceptional School Business Manager to join our team. You will provide strategic leadership and management for finance, human resources, information systems, administration, health and safety, property and facilities management, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), reporting to the Head Teacher.
- Lead in planning, control and administration of theschool finances; contribute to the effective deployment of whole school budget; provide advisory support services, and assist in the development of the school's business plan, monitoring and reporting on monthly budget updates to SLT and Governors.
- You will lead on the comprehensive management of the support services including ICT solutions; management and supervision of the site and site contractors, including tendering and overseeing the work of contracts.
- You will work with a high degree of independance within LA and statutory regulations and policies.
- You will be a problem solver identifing and selecting solutions from a range of diversified established procedures and standards, utilising your experience.
- Be responsible for the line management of a team covering administrative and premises duties.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong financial/administrative management background, ideally within a school/educational setting.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and problem solving skills, with an ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
- Experience of dealing with HR issues including payroll administration.
- Good skills in IT, MS Office package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher) and working knowledge of school management and procedures including SIMS and FMS.
- The Certificate in School Business Management (Level 4) is desirable, however support will be offered to gain the qualification if necessary
- The ability to lead a team, line managing staff.
We can offer you:
- Membership of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team where you will provide strategic leadership and vision making a real contribution to school improvement.
- An active and supportive Governing Body.
- Guaranteed continuous professional development (CPD)
This post may include the role of Clerk to Governors (this will be subject to negotiation).
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - our children and staff would be delightled to meet you before the formal interview process. Please contact Sarah Loader, Headteacher, on 01823 284912.
If you would like to join our friendly, supportive team, please submit an application form together with you CV and a letter in support of your application of no more than 2 A4 sides.
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 13th September 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 23rd September 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and our recruitment and selection process are particularly rigorous in relation to child protection. You should be aware that aspects of the assessment process and interview will explore your motivation and suitablity to work with children.