Job Title: Tea Time Cook
Hours: Monday-Thursday: 2pm-6pm, totalling 16 hpw / term time only
Salary: £5,524.55 pa
Purpose of Post: To prepare and cook evening meals for pupils and staff as directed.
- To cook and prepare food as required.
- To maintain good standards of food hygiene in the kitchen.
- Supervise the Tea Time Assistant.
- Help with the service of meals and washing up afterwards.
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment used during the evening.
- Clean the kitchen and dining room after use.
- Be responsible at all times for your own and others Health and Safety.
- Any other duties, which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities.
- To provide nutritious, balanced meals for all pupils and staff.
- Maintain outstanding standard of hygiene in the kitchen.
Training and Professional Development
- Positively contribute to regular supervision and Performance Management and participate in training activities; supporting the overall aims of the school.
- Undertake regular training in Safeguarding and Level 2 Food Hygiene.
- Participate in training during designated training days, and at other times, including inset and external training opportunities, as directed by the Headteacher.
Other duties and responsibilities
The job description can never be fully exhaustive of unforeseen changes or circumstances. It is expected that staff will, within reason, respond to unforeseen circumstances and emergencies as they arise, commensurate with their qualifications, experience and the situation.
It is expected that all Bramfield House School employees understand the nature of our work is confidential and details about our pupils and their families, associated services, pupil records and activities/incidents at the school should not be divulged to members of the public. If there is a breach of confidentiality, this may result in disciplinary action being taken.
The NFA Group / Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable people in our care. Successful applicants to appropriate roles will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.