Harrow Beijing is a school split across two campuses with a strong emphasis on academic excellence, leadership and personal development.
The role of a counsellor at Harrow Beijing is varied with ample scope for creativity. You will support children throughout all phases of the school through 1:1 sessions, group work, assemblies and workshops. Counsellors at HBJ carry significant authority; you will play a key role in safeguarding procedures and be involved in upskilling the staff and parent community in areas of socioemotional development.
The counselling team is small, with a commitment to reflection, clinical supervision, data-management and CPD. It takes pride in holding itself to high standards and is looking for a candidate with the drive, theoretical understanding and approachability to ensure we model ‘Leadership for a better world.’
The whole school role will be offered a two-year renewable contract and a highly competitive compensation package, including on-site accommodation / equivalent housing allowance and full medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling, or relevant certification in a counselling field
• Minimum 2-year working experience in relevant area
• A clear and demonstrable grasp of theoretical bases underpinning the process of counselling
• A thorough knowledge of Child Protection and safeguarding
• Systematic record keeping skills
• High level of proficiency with ICT.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development and its impact on behavior
• Master’s Degree in Counselling, or relevant certification in a counselling field.
• Child Protection and Safeguarding certification
• Familiarity with SEND
Please download the attached job description for a full breakdown of the responsibilities and tasks associated with this role.
Deadline for submission of applications by 27 January 2021, with first-round interviews taking place via skype from the week commencing 28 January 2021.
Harrow Beijing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and those connected to the school to share this commitment.
Harrow International School Beijing
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
School and Community
Harrow Beijing is a vibrant community affiliated to the renowned Harrow School in London and Harrow International Schools in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Shanghai. It offers a British-based international education to students aged from...