Bicester Learning Academy currently has a vacancy for the position of School Counsellor.
The role of School Counsellor will be based at The Cooper School but the post holder will be expected to work flexibly across all Bicester Learning Academy sites. The purpose of the role is to provide a confidential counselling service to support students and staff in need.
This is a permanent position of 22 hours per week for 38 weeks per year. The starting salary will be £15,102.03 per annum.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- At least three years’ experience of working as a counsellor with young people, preferably in a school environment.
- Accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, The UK Counsel of Psychotherapy or the Member of Institute of Counselling
- A nationally recognised Diploma in Counselling following a minimum of two years training
- Good listening and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Good computer skills
Further details and an application form are available on the Academy website:
Please contact Human Resources with any questions:
Tel: (01869) 362697
Closing date for receipt of applications:
Monday 24th September 2018, 12 noon
Bicester Learning Academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within this recruitment pack.