9 Hours per week, 39 weeks per year
(Flexibility and choice of days to work)
Grade G5 £22,183 - £27,741
(Actual Salary £4,760 - £5,953)
(The pro rata salary for this post is shown to reflect the actual hours and weeks worked)
About the role
We are seeking a School Counsellor to support students through targeted counselling interventions and to promote the physical, mental health and emotional wellbeing of our pupils.
The successful candidate will play a key part of the school’s pastoral system and show commitment to develop positive attitudes and approaches to lifelong learning for all students, by providing therapeutic interventions and strategies.
Your positive attitude and ability to engage and encourage young people will be essential, as will your ability to work flexibly to meet their individual needs; liaising with the Designated Safeguarding Lead, SLT and SENDCo.
A relevant qualification in Counselling/Psychotherapy is essential, and relevant experience of supporting young people within a secondary school setting is desirable.
Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College is a successful and oversubscribed large secondary school in the heart of the city of Coventry. As a Church of England school, our intake draws from both the local area and across the city and surrounding areas. We are a member of Inspire Education Trust, a local multi-academy trust of faith and non-faith schools which sets out to provide an environment where both staff and students can thrive, putting children at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision at Blue Coat School is “Living life in all its fullness”. We exist to equip our students to live life in all its fullness by providing excellent education which is distinctively Christian and inclusive of all. At the heart of this education are the values of Care, Hard Work, Respect, Integrity and Servanthood, working Together for the good of all individuals, the school and wider communities.
A career at Blue Coat offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students.
As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
• A highly supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
• An effective continuing professional development (CPD) programme, including personalised training sessions and opportunities for both internal and external training
• An employer which aspires to break the mental health stigma, giving our people the support they need
• Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 confidential advice and support on a range of matters and access to accredited counsellors
• A focus on staff well-being including in-house counselling, a full time chaplain, a staff workload reduction group, strong relationships with Unions and a supportive working environment
• A wide range of trips and visits including international ones
• Time off during the school holidays (term time only role)
• Opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team of support staff
• Employee Benefits programme which is being rolled out in Autumn 2020 providing staff access to a range of benefits such as shopping discounts.
How to apply
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process, please contact TES directly: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: Monday 26 April 2021
Information for candidates
We aim to recruit the very best staff and welcome those from all backgrounds, communities and faiths (including non-faith individuals). We particularly welcome applications from those which are underrepresented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and male candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to vetting checks including an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Blue Coat School & Music College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years