Aldar Education is currently seeking a high-performing School Counselor for immediate start. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School - Elementary Campus, Sas Al Nakhl, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in superb facilities Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma - the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth
• Monitor the progress of individual students
• Make contact with parents to discuss student behavior
• Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying
• Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques
• Help students understand and deal with social, behavioral, and personal problems
• Emphasize preventive and developmental counseling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
• Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes, identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
• Identifies areas that would be appropriate for intervention in the form of group counseling and regularly forms and leads appropriate groups.
• Utilizes both large (classroom) groups and small groups to make appropriate academic and behavioral interventions.
• Coordinates with the Counsellors regarding career options for students and provides appropriate information to students regarding careers.
• Assists the counselors in providing students with information for career exploration and selection to assist them in making appropriate academic course selections relating to their interests.
• Maintains an appropriate library/database relating to various careers for students to utilize in their career explorations.
• Works with individual students and groups of students in regard to appropriate social development issues.
• Maintains an awareness of cultural influences regarding the social development of adolescents.
• Monitors students who may be at risk in regards to social issues and makes appropriate referrals for interventions outside of school in consultation with parents.
• Maintains confidentiality as professionally appropriate in regards to student well-being.
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Social Worker or Counseling
- Minimum of two years’ postgraduate
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the TES website.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
ADNOC Schools Abu Dhabi Campus
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years