JESS is a well-established, high performing ‘not for profit’ school. The JESS Wellbeing Team is expanding and we are seeking strong candidates to join our dynamic team. We have both full-time and part-time positions available from April 2021 at our School campuses in Arabian Ranches and Jumeirah (days and hours can be flexible for the right candidate):
School Counsellors (Full-time and Part-time )
Full-time: Sunday to Thursday 7.30 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
The successful applicant should:
• Have experience working with young people on short term therapeutic interventions and approaches in a group or 1:1 setting.
• Be able to provide a supportive and secure environment for students, parents and teachers.
• Be able to identify social, emotional, intellectual, physical and behavioural needs of young people and to assess, plan and manage students’ needs using a child-centered approach.
• Have the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and collaborate with all stakeholders.
• Demonstrate an encouraging and optimistic approach towards all areas of the role, with an ability to listen without judgement and help others identify their strengths.
• Be able to model a solution-focused mindset, bringing a positive attitude towards their own work and when supporting others.
• Show flexibility in responding to changing demands and situations.
• Be able to implement effective referral and follow-up processes as outlined by the Lead Counsellor / Head Teacher.
• Have experience of liaising with external agencies to initiate mental health referrals or psychological testing.
• To adhere to laws, policies, procedures and ethical standards of the psychological code of conduct.
• Hold a minimum Masters Level in Psychology or Counselling or substantial experience post undergraduate degree.
• Be eligible for or under process of Community Development Authority (CDA) license.
Applicants must complete the JESS application form and send their CV and letter of application to:
Mr S. O’Brien, Director, Jumeirah English Speaking School
The closing date for applications is 10th April 2021
JESS Dubai - Arabian Ranches
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years