Enfield County School for Girls is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and skilled school counsellor for approximately 7 hours per week. Employed on a self-employed basis the role will be supporting students with low to moderate needs on a one to one basis as well as occasionally working with small groups of students.
The successful candidate should be kind and compassionate and be enthusiastic about improving the outcomes of young people. Supported by the mental health lead the candidate should have a flexible approach and be able to work independently, keeping confidential records, attending meetings if required and contributing to our whole school strategy for mental well-being.
A current counselling or psychotherapy qualification and membership to the BACP or similarly accredited organisation is essential, as is an understanding of therapeutic approaches suitable for adolescents with low mood and general anxiety. Candidates should also have a working knowledge of external services such as CAMHS and social services.
About our school:
- We have a hardworking and skilled team of specialist teachers and a commitment to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all students.
- We are a school that places a strong emphasis on developing staff.
- Employee well-being and work life balance is important to us
- Our students are engaged and well behaved
- All our staff our friendly and supportive
- Our ethos is instrumental in providing positive relationships and high standards across our school and in the community.
All completed application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any further information regarding our school can be found on our school website.
Enfield County School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Enfield County School for Girls
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years