Job Start: 01 August 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Location: Leipzig International School, Könneritzstraße 47, Leipzig, Germany
Contract: Full time, initially time limited contract of employment for two years, extension possible
Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds, thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 70 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
The Leipzig International Kindergarten (LIK) provides a full education to children from ages 1 to 6. There is a strong link between the school and the Kindergarten site as they have a joint educational philosophy, a joint vision, a shared Board, school management team and community.
Our Primary School offers a high-quality education programme for young people aged 6 to 11. It supports each student’s personal, social, academic, physical and emotional development in an internationally oriented context. In the Primary School, the students follow the Cambridge Primary Programme, as well as the International Primary Curriculum, providing a consistent and robust programme, which appropriately challenges the students.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are seeking a School Counsellor / Social Pedagogue (Nursery to Grade 5), starting 01 August 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter) who will join the Student Support Services Team.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing individual and group counselling services to meet the developmental, social and emotional needs of our students
- Providing interventions for students to support the teaching process and to maximise learning and adjustment
- Developing and managing Individualised Educational Plans for students
- Collaborating with class teachers and other Student Support Services members on an ongoing basis
You should be:
- An enthusiastic, caring and inspiring professional
- Committed to promoting the wellbeing of our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to relate to children
- Willing to support and implement existing programmes and practices
- Keen to continue to develop good practice which is suited to our needs and setting
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- A team player willing to work alongside, and support, colleagues
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in School Counselling/Social Pedagogy/Social Work or a relevant equivalent
- Experience in counselling children
- Experience of working in a diverse school community
- Bilingual in English (minimum C1) and German
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- The benefit of ongoing internal and external professional development
- A dynamic and diverse workplace which continues to develop good teaching and learning practices
- The opportunity to be part of the next stage of development of our Kindergarten and Primary School
- An exciting and flexible model of working that effectively supports the needs of students
- The chance to engage in the life of the International School in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Please apply only via our online application tool on our website and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes are available on our website www.lis.school.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager:
Christiane Heinold +49 341 – 393 77 630
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.