Permanent, 14 hours a week (additional hours may be available), term time only
Cox Green is a well-established co-educational Academy, situated in the heart of the community of Cox Green, Maidenhead. We have been graded “good” by Ofsted and are oversubscribed year on year; testimony to the high quality of teaching and learning and fantastic enrichment programme we provide. Our values centre around kindness to self and others, and trying our very best and our visitors regularly comment on this.
We are looking to appoint a School Counsellor to provide a professional and confidential service to students in order to promote emotional health and wellbeing and enable students to overcome barriers to learning and help them deal with the difficulties they may face. The counselling service is highly valued, integral part of the school’s provision.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have as a minimum level of qualification a professionally accredited (BACP) Diploma in Counselling, be registered with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and the UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) or similar registration;
• Experience of working and providing counselling in a school setting – essential;
• Able to offer a range of therapies, including Art, Play and Talking – preferred;
• Work well both individually and as part of a team to make a difference to the lives of students;
• Effectively deliver one to one counselling provision for children and young people and those with learning difficulties as required;
• Be forward thinking, visionary, and able to work under pressure;
• Be flexible with working arrangements;
• Be able to work on own initiative to plan and evaluate, managing a varied caseload;
• Work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy;
• Communicate with referral sources and/or other relevant professionals as needed in order to co-ordinate effective counselling provision for clients;
• To deliver group work to students in order to promote greater levels of emotional health resilience.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing date: 3pm, Thursday 28 January 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cox Green School
Windsor and Maidenhead
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Cox Green is a well-established co-educational Academy school, situated in the heart of the community of Cox Green, Maidenhead. We have been graded “good” by Ofsted and are oversubscribed year on year; testimony to the quality of teaching and learnin...