School Games Organiser
Term time plus 5 days. 35 hours per week
Sc5. Points 22-25
Actual starting salary: £17,276.88 per annum
Fixed term until 31 March 2020.
Trinity Academy is the flagship school in Trinity Multi-Academy Trust. The academy has a relentless focus on improving and being the very best we can be for students in our care. Our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential, both in and out of the classroom, through high-quality teaching and pastoral support provided within an environment led by our Christian values.
Our record-breaking GCSE results are evidence of the high academic achievements of our students, and are viewed as the pinnacle of the school’s success. Our Progress 8 score place us consistently in the top 5% of all schools nationally (+0.67 in 2017 and +0.59 in 2018).
What can we offer you?
• Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
• Outstanding student behaviour with a first class behaviour for learning system
• Excellent teaching resources and word class facilities
• A chance to change the lives of young people from deprived socio-economic backgrounds
• An excellent CPD package for all staff, including a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Trinity Teaching School Alliance and West Yorkshire Maths Hub
• A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced cost health cover and childcare support
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an outstanding practitioner who has experience in coaching and developing talent, alongside knowledge of organising tournament based competitions and working with a variety of schools and sporting organisations. You will be based at Trinity and have active involvement in the Academy’s extra-curricular provision.
The successful SGO will demonstrate;
• Excellent P.E and Sport practice
• The capacity to inspire and enthuse learners in P.E and Sport
• Enthusiasm, commitment and motivation in the role
• Commitment to high standards for all
• Ambition, hard work and team work
• Flexibility and adaptability
This is a fixed term contract as the SGO post is funded until 2020. This will hopefully be extended further, although we are awaiting confirmation of this.
Trinity Academy Halifax is located just outside the centre of Halifax, easily accessible from the M62 motorway.
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining the flagship academy that sets the standards for the schools that are part of an ambitious and forward-thinking Academy Trust.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: noon on Monday 13 December 2018
Interviews: w/c 17 December 2018
For more information on the academy and this role, and to download an application pack, please visit our website; www.trinityacademyhalifax.org
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.