KAA is a growing 11-18 academy in West London. In September 2017 we will have 960 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 with us, and are growing every year. We are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed School Librarian to join our growing Academy.
· Manage the library team and oversee the day to day running of the academy libraries
· Develop the library’s systems and structures to ensure it runs smoothly
· Create and develop a climate to promote and support reading for pleasure across the school
· Develop and maintain a range of stock to reflect the whole curriculum
· Work collaboratively with the Director of English in the design and implementation of a strong reading programme through the English curriculum
· Work closely with the Learning Support department in the provision and targeting of literacy interventions (such as Lexia, Fresh Start, Premier League Reading Stars and other reading programmes)
· Oversee the implementation of reading age assessments and analyse the impact of interventions and reading programmes
· Liaise with Heads of Departments to ensure the library supports the teaching of all subjects
· Assist teachers with provision of learning resources and other teaching & learning needs
· Ensure a high standard of display and promotional material to enhance the standard of appearance of the library in order to provide an attractive environment conducive to achieving optimum use both for purposeful study and leisure
· Design and run enrichment sessions in the library for homework support and reading & writing activities (School Magazine, Reading Clubs, Creative Writing etc)
· Coordinate events and activities such as World Book Day, author visits, exhibitions, displays, reading schemes and House Competitions
· Deliver library induction sessions, information retrieval workshops and promote reading in all aspects of pupils’ lives
· Build and develop online learning resource libraries within the academy’s VLE, KAA Online
· Manage student behaviour in the library in line with the school’s behaviour policy
· Forge and maintain links to outside agencies (National Literacy Trust, BookTrust, Give A Book, Tri-Borough Children’s Services)
· Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
· Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
· Contribute to the overall mission, values and aims of KAA
· Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals including KAA partners
· Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
· Attend and participate in relevant meetings as appropriate
· Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
· Any other duties which may from time to time be required which are commensurate with the post holder’s skills, experience and level of responsibility
Deadline: Apply by Monday 21st August 2017
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.