Five days a week, 36 hours a week, 39 weeks a year • Term time only
We have an opportunity for a School Medical Officer to join our multi academy trust in Feltham and to work in Springwest Academy, a busy secondary school within the Trust.
The role of Medical Officer is always busy and challenging. You will make a difference to the lives of young people every day. We are looking for a conscientious individual with a child centred approach to support the health and wellbeing of all students to enable them to fully participate in learning.
Main duties will include:
- To respond to the day to day health and first aid needs of students.
- To lead on whole school first aid provision.
- To support students with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health concerns.
- To be responsible for administering prescribed drugs which are necessary to be taken by students during the school day, ensuring that parental consent is obtained and recorded.
- To work collaboratively with the outside agencies including educational psychologists and counsellors.
- To work with the Designated and Deputy Safeguarding Lead in the context of prioritising the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- Timely maintenance and updating of electronic student medical records.
What we can offer you:
- Colleagues who are supportive and friendly.
- Excellent employee benefits which include access to the local government pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, interest free annual travel season ticket loan, employee assistance programme, a strong focus on continued professional development and an early finish on a Friday!
What we would like from you:
- To be a qualified first aider who is 3 day first aid trained.
- A nursing qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Previous school experience is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, especially with children.
- Self awareness with the ability to be both confident and calm under pressure.
- The ability to engage confidently with students, parents, colleagues and outside agencies.
- Strong administrative, organisational and IT skills.
Closing date: Midday, 16 September 2021
Interviews will be held according to application.
To apply, please download the application form on the vacancies section of the Springwest website: www.springwestacademy.org
Please contact Penny Davies for any information you need, email@example.com
Tudor Park Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake annual online safeguarding training and all positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Two references will be sought for every candidate that is called for interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Here at Springwest Academy, part of Tudor Park Education Trust, we’re always seeking to better our best. We strive to provide outstanding teaching and abundant opportunities in a wonderfully diverse and compassionate community. We lead by example, pr...