Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking to appoint a caring, compassionate, and sympathetic nurse who will be responsible for the healthcare of our students. The successful candidate will ensure students receive the appropriate provision of healthcare through assessment, intervention and follow-up. You will be expected to maintain a high standard of care in accordance with professional guidelines. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Qualified nurse with valid registration to practice in Qatar
- Experience of working with children and young people, ideally in an educational setting
- Strong communication and people skills
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- The successful candidate will be fluent in English, the ability to speak Arabic is desirable
- Provide daily healthcare and emergency response
- Administer medicines to students with existing conditions during the school hours
- Maintain accurate health records for all students
- Communicate with parents and school management
- Implement, review and enhance school policies, systems, processes and procedures
- Maintain school medical facilities and ensure they meet external regulations and standards
What we offer:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit a fully attested degree certificate, transcript and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to apply:
Please click on this link and apply on the relevant AKIS job posting.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
17 April 2021
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Al Khor International School (AKIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 4 - 18 years
About Al Khor International School
Owned by Qatargas – one of the largest natural gas-producing companies in the world, AKIS was established to cater primarily for the children of its employees. The school is located in Al Khor Community, approximate...