32 hours per week on a rota basis which consists of 2 days (8-6.30pm or 9.30-8pm to include an unpaid break of half an hour) and 1 night of 12 1/2 hours also 1/2 an hour unpaid break. Days and night will be between Monday and Saturday inclusive, regular weekend work not occasional.
QE Boarding term time plus all Collegiate INSET training and preparation days .
Queen Ethelburga’s is an Independent Collegiate of four co-educational schools. Located in North Yorkshire between the towns of York and Harrogate, we offer outstanding facilities and motivated students who join us with a broad range of academic, social and cultural backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being a happy community where students can grow to reach their full potential, both academically and socially. To meet the needs of our students we offer a wide choice of qualifications, a supportive environment and an exciting programme of extra–curricular opportunities, which are underpinned by high quality teaching and learning. The school actively promotes the professional development of its staff through induction, CPD and career development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
As School Nurse your line manager will be the School Sister. You will work within a team led by the School Sister. Your principal role is to provide excellent care to students.
(This list is not exhaustive there are others that are in the job description)
• Age appropriate health screening/treatment
• Responsibility for First Aid kits/cabinets/supplies
• Organising various medical appointments and liaising regarding appropriate transport (working within the Medical Team)
• Promotion and organisation of healthy living initiatives within the school community
• Organising guest presenters to cover health related issues
• Inpatients (to nurse up to 12 children in the Medical Centre)
• Triage Clinics – three clinics daily
• Emergency Care of Children and Adults/First Aid Care of Children and Adults
(This list is not exhaustive there are others that are in the person specification)
• Nursing Qualification
• Minimum of 12 months post qualification experience
• Free staff gym for use during off duty periods following gym use protocol
• Annual free family summer barbecue
• Annual free black tie Christmas Ball for staff and a guest.
• Free Parking
QE is committed to ensuring a safe environment for its pupils and staff.
Applicants will be required to provide proof of identity and undergo the relevant DBS checks for their role. The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the Collegiate’s Child Protection Policy and Staff Code of Conduct at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school s/he must report any concerns to the Collegiate’s Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Any personal information you share with us on your application form will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Your details will be held for up to 6 months and destroyed after this time.
We receive high volumes of applications, due to this if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, unfortunately on this occasion your application will not have been successful.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st July 2019