We are looking for an experienced and energetic part-time nurse required to work in the school’s busy medical centre, from November 2021. There is the possibility of increased hours from January 2022.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert is a co-ed state boarding school with students ranging from the ages of 7-18. The Health Centre is an 11 bed unit staffed 24 hours a day during term time. The candidate will work 24 hours per week with two nights on-call.
The candidate will need to provide a high standard of service within NMC guidelines to pupils, members of staff and any visitors while on site. Previous experience in a school is desirable, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Provide 1st aid and emergency care and treatment as necessary.
• Assist in carrying out child and adolescent surveillance programmes in conjunction with the rest of the nursing and medical team.
• Follow good practice and specific directives on immunisation procedures relevant to the school population and individuals.
• Operate procedures for control of infectious diseases.
• Be aware of recommended safe storage, usage and disposal of medical supplies and drugs.
• Maintain treatment room stock, hygiene and tidiness.
• Provide confidential counselling and health advice service as appropriate.
• Assist in the development and writing of care plans for pupils requiring them, in liaison with pupils, parents and boarding house staff.
• Assist in the running of doctor’s surgeries, including advising pupils to attend and referring to medical officer as appropriate.
• Arranging for boarders to attend any medical, dental or other health appointments as necessary.
• Assess, implement and evaluate in-patient care of pupils admitted to health centre (within agreed levels of confidence)
• Maintain safe storage, usage and disposal of medical drugs and supplies.
Please contact Colette Newey, Health Centre Manager, by email for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: Friday 17 September 2021, 5.00pm
Interview Date: Week beginning 20 September 2021
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Royal Alexandra and Albert School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is a 7-18 co-educational, non-selective state boarding school located in 260 acres of beautiful private parkland in Gatton Park, Surrey. Our large site allows us to have extensive sporting facilities, including f...