About Al Salam Community School
Al Salam Community School founded by Sue Johnston, one of the most respected names in the UAE education sector and the school CEO, serving the Al Salam community for over 35 years in various senior roles. Sue’s philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic values of inclusivity, high aspirations for every child, and the holistic development of all learners. ‘Every child is special’ is Sue’s motto, and this belief permeates through every aspect of life at the Al Salam Community School. Read more about ASCS Founder and CEO Sue Johnston’s legacy at Which School Advisor: https://whichschooladvisor.com/uae/school-news/al-salam-community-int
What Makes Us Unique?
At Al Salam Community School diversity is celebrated, and tolerance and inclusion underpin our collective sense of purpose. We are proud to uphold values as a community school that resonate with Dubai’s vision, and this is reflected in every aspect of our learning environment. Our biggest advantage is that Al Salam Community School is an independent school. Indeed we are one of the few remaining independent family owned schools in Dubai. Our intake of school makes us rather unique, with a truly diverse range of students and teachers from ethnicity, nationality, academic ability, socio-economic backgrounds. We foster high aspirations in all our learners, nurture their curiosity and cultivate their imagination. Our new and purposefully designed facilities and learning areas promote a comprehensive extra-curricular programme with character development at its very heart. Thus, we are fully committed to providing the best quality of education, recruiting a largely untapped talent pool of highly qualified teachers and successful leaders.
As members of the Al Salam Team, the values we espouse are:
- Put our Children first - Reminds us of our core purpose, ours is a sacred and moral responsibility
- Make Al Salam Home - Ensures we build and expand on what has made Al Salam successful
- Everyday is a School Day - Keeps us focused on our ambition as learners and enablers of learning
As educators, the learners we endeavour to develop are:
Learners with Aspiration - Inspired individuals who dream of achieving great things and who desire to bring positive change into the world and to those around them
Learners with Agency - Believe in their capacity and responsibility to live in the world with excellence, students who intend and act to make impactful contributions to the present and future.
Learners with Agility - Are determined, equipped and able to pursue their objectives and overcome challenges and adversity.
Learners with Altitude - Devote themselves to a lifelong journey of personal development and sincere effort to elevate others.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and licensed School Nurse to join our team.
- Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff.
- Conduct school health services, including screening, assessment of immunization status, and tests for hearing, vision, and dental care as appropriate.
- Promote and protect the optimal health status of school-age children and staff.
- Provide health assessments for students.
- Obtain a health history
- Screen and evaluate findings of deficit in vision, hearing, growth, etc.
- Observe the child for development and health patterns in making the nursing assessments.
- Identify abnormal health findings.
- Help in the implementation of a student health plan.
- Maintain accurate student medical records to assure compliance with D.H.A and M.O.E. mandates immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
- Implement school health management protocols.
- Provide emergency nursing management for sudden injuries/illnesses.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases.
- Maintain supplies of First Aid equipment and oversee restocking First Aid boxes and clinic supplies as required.
- Support procedures to be followed for the provision of First Aid and care during emergencies/safety procedures such as fire drill.
- Registered Nurse (MOH/DHA)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in related nursing
- Knowledge of current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation procedures.
- Principles and practices underlying professional nursing.
- Principles and practices underlying the special field of school health.
- Current trends in nursing in the fields of school health.
- Knowledge of M.O.E. and D.H.A policies and procedures as it relates to student care.
Al Salam Recruitment Policy is designed to ensure that the most qualified, capable, and effective individuals are selected and recruited for the School’s community. Our children are ambitious about their futures and are looking for committed teachers who are capable of helping them succeed.
Every successful application is subject to KHDA, Ministry of Labour Approval, and satisfactory reference checks.
Al Salam Community School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years