|Location||DENMAN St Joseph's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||St Joseph’s Primary School, Denman is seeking a permanent part-time (9 hrs/week) School Officer - Library Assistant to join the team from Term 4, 2021.
St Joseph’s Primary School is located in the small, thriving Upper Hunter town of Denman. Our School offers quality Catholic education for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 from the areas of Denman, Martindale, Sandy Hollow, Bureen and Jerrys Plains. St Joseph's is an open and caring community where social justice, honesty, compassion and love are nurtured and valued. Our school community is built on an active partnership between the parents, school and local Parish and curriculum differentiation ensures that the needs of all students are catered for at all levels.
|Position Requirements||The School Officer - Library Assistant assists the Teacher Librarian and relevant school staff to implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning.
Within a contemporary school learning environment, the role of the School Officer - Library Assistant has two key dimensions:
• assisting with information and resource management
• organisational, administrative and clerical support within the school
Note: Where appropriate, the School Officer - Library Assistant may be required by the principal to undertake other duties in the school from time to time.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• applicants must have completed, or will complete (within four years of appointment) a Certificate III: Library and Information Services
• ability to accession and manage the circulation of resources
• computer literacy and the ability to quickly learn new applications
• have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
Applicants must have a current Working with Children Clearance and provide with application.
|Desirable Criteria||• experience in OLIVER operating system
• experience in the stocktake and weeding of a virtual and physical collection
• experience working in a school library environment
• an ability to demonstrate creative skills
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Sunday 19 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Helen Whale (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6547 2496|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Helen Whale at email@example.com
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
St Joseph’s Primary School