Start date: Commencing as soon as possible
Tenure: Permanent 30 hours per week (Term Time Only)
Position: Level 2 $26.12 - $26.80 per hour
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. GSCC has a passion for curriculum and contemporary learning practice and for developing consistent and quality teaching and learning. We believe in fostering strong relationships with all stakeholders to create an environment which is inclusive, welcoming, progressive, secure and focused on quality contemporary Catholic education.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
An experienced and passionate School Officer - Indigenous Education Worker to join our team on a term-time permanent basis.
The applicant will preferably have relevant previous experience in supporting indigenous students.
- Work in classrooms, with teachers, providing support for Indigenous Students
- Liaise with teachers to determine the progress and wellbeing of Indigenous Students
- Assist Indigenous Students in the transition from community to school
- Provide guidance, pastoral care and advocacy for Indigenous Students and their families
- Provide awareness to school staff on Indigenous Student backgrounds and Indigenous Community Perspectives
- Assist in coordination and promotion of Indigenous cultural education events, activities and programs within the College Community
- Working with Children Suitability Card (Blue Card) or the ability to obtain one
- Certificate III in Education or a commitment towards completing this qualification
- Understanding of the support required for Indigenous students in the community and in a school environment
How to apply
- Complete a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the position derived from your skills, knowledge and experience
- Attach your current resume with relevant references
For more information, please see the Position Description
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply