The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking a School Officer to be the front face of the college at Student Reception. This is a full time, fixed term (2019), term time position commencing 29 April 2019.
Typical duties/skills required, but not limited to, are:
- Follow up marking of student rolls on a daily basis.
- Sending messages to parents via text for unexplained absences.
- Processing of late arrivals and early departures.
- Responsible for Bell Commander software.
- Monitor, order and receipt deliveries of stationery and general office supplies.
- Required to hold a First Aid Certificate and Blue Card.
- Administering of student medication/maintenance of student health care plans.
- Manage sick bay.
- Carry out a wide range of secretarial duties at an advanced level.
- Supporting the School Officer: Front Reception and other administration staff as required.
- Maintain central filing/records systems as required.
- Support teaching staff when required.
- General office duties.
This is a Level 3 position, required to work 38 hours per week.
As a Catholic secondary college in the Dominican Tradition we are committed to the education of young women. The Dominican values of truth, joy, faith and prayer, justice and compassion, community and service, and a love of learning are as essential to the contemporary world as they were in previous times. Our aim is to provide a learning environment that supports the individual student to meet the challenges of the future. With an emphasis on academic achievement, development of practical skills, promotion of community harmony and a wide co-curricular program, the college seeks to challenge each student in individual ways while fostering a strong feeling of community. Our approximate enrolment is 720 students.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 29 April 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): Until 6 December 2019
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 38 hours per week
Monday - Friday
8.00 am - 4.06 pm
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Gail Winks
Contact Telephone Number: 3900 9800
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window