St Anthony’s is a co-educational Catholic primary school administered by Brisbane Catholic Education. Current enrolments = 672 students and 75 staff. Our Franciscan tradition rests on the charisms of St Francis, St Anthony, St Clare and St Therese. St Anthony’s school enjoys a unique relationship with two Franciscan order independent schools, Padua College and Mt Alvernia College. Together the three schools work in partnership as an educational entity which is known in the local area as FOTH (Franciscans on the Hill). Our community offers the latest in teaching and learning, technology, extra curricular activity, and the benefits of being a high quality inclusive Catholic school.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Student Support School Officer for our primary students from Prep – Year 6 due to retirement of a staff member.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• have completed a Certificate 3 or 4 in Education Support;
• have good oral, interpersonal and written communication skills;
• be a self-starter, with a proven ability to be punctual, flexible and manage time and tasks well;
• be able to provide effective feedback about student learning to class teachers;
• accept feedback from teaching staff, as required, to improve professional skills;
• assist and participate in activities that improve the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of students;
• have experience working with educational programs and facilitating targeted interventions, for students with a diverse range of needs;
• demonstrate proficient skills with assistive technology to support a diverse range of learners;
• have a good working knowledge of APPLE computers/iPads and proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Clips, OneDrive, OneNote and Teams;
• ability and willingness to facilitate play support programs during break times (e.g. soccer club or other structured play groups);
• experience with supporting students with Type 1 Diabetes would be helpful;
• be excited by the opportunity of working with the St Anthony’s school community.
Applicants should address each of these criteria in their on-line application and include the names and contact details of two current or former referees.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Tuesday 4 May 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): to 3 December 2021
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 16 hrs/week, working 8.40am to 1.10pm Mon to Thu of the school term
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $29.05 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Martin Wilkie - Principal
Contact Telephone Number: 07-3357 6185
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education