The Principal is the religious, educational and organisational leader of a Catholic School within the Diocese of Armidale. The Principal provides leadership and exercises prudential stewardship of the Catholic School. The Principal is ultimately responsible for the Catholic identity and ethos, curriculum and effective management of the school.
The leadership and direction provided by the Principal will be consistent with:
• The message of Jesus and the Gospels;
• Catholic church teachings, principles and values;
• Diocesan policies and directives;
• Catholic Schools Office, Armidale Mission Statement;
• Catholic Schools Office, Armidale policies and practices; and
• Catholic Schools Office, Armidale Strategic Directions.
The start date for this position is negotiable. It is anticipated that the new Principal will commence no later than the start of the 2022 school year (earlier by negotiation).
We invite expressions of interest from candidates who align with the following:
• Commitment to and practice of the Catholic faith.
• A minimum of five years successful experience as a primary or secondary Principal or Assistant Principal or an equivalent role in school system leadership or the tertiary sector.
• A contemporary leader with the demonstrated capacity to inspire a team; collaboratively
• develop strategy and culture; and manage change.
• An innovative educational leader that can clearly articulate a vision of learning and teaching
• that integrates Catholic values and pastoral care into the daily life of the school.
• A leader with outstanding interpersonal skills to build a vibrant parish school community.
• An educational leader that will embrace the Diocese of Armidale vision and strategies for
• developing a Professional Learning Community in a Catholic context aligned to the CSO
• Strategic Plan.
• Hold professional qualifications:
• An education degree and/or relevant post graduate qualification; and
• Completion of or willingness to undertake appropriate post graduate courses in the areas of religious education or theology to meet accreditation requirements of Category E as per the Catholic Schools framework for the accreditation of staff in Catholic schools
• Be NESA accredited or be eligible to be accredited by NESA to teach in NSW.
Conditions of employment
• Salary and Conditions are negotiable and will be discussed as we progress through this recruitment project.
• The term of the initial contract is negotiable. Subsequent contract renewal is subject to a successful performance review.
• Applicants who are successful in gaining an interview will receive an interview travel allowance.
• Relocation expenses (if required) will be provided for the successful applicant.
• The successful applicant will possess a current, approved Working With Children Check.
To make a confidential enquiry regarding this position, please contact Kate Kenny, Head of Employee Services, on 0427 712 441 or email email@example.com
Click here to request a confidential discussion or to register an expression of interest.
St Michael’s Primary School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
St Michael's Primary School is a co-educational, faith-based primary school located in the small New South Wales town, Manilla. Approximately 45 kilometres northwest of the regional city of Tamworth, the Catholic school has a current enrolment of 93 ...