Banstead Preparatory School is a co-educational prep school and nursery, educating around 250 girls and boys aged 2-11. Set on the outskirts of the village of Banstead, Surrey, there are good transport links to London and the South East.
Our state-of-the-art facilities enable us to offer the broadest range of opportunities as part of an engaging, innovative and exciting curriculum, helping us to set the highest possible ambition for every child, and get the best from everyone.
Education with character is the ethos that sits at the very heart of our school and forms the core of what we believe. There’s more to a good education than learning – we work to develop our children’s characters, build their tenacity, foster courage and above all, inspire them to achieve excellence.
Banstead Prep isn’t a feeder for any particular senior school, we work to help parents identify aspirational but realistic school choices. We prepare the children through broad curriculum teaching within the normal school timetable to ensure every child leaves us for their senior school of choice feeling valued, prepared, confident and ready to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist to join our busy front of house team at Banstead Prep School on a fixed term contract (maternity cover), with possibility to become permanent.
The purpose of this role is to be the first point of contact for parents and visitors, answer the phone and carry out tasks listed in the job description. You will also assist the children with all first aid needs.
Details about the role:
Reporting Line Office Manager
Salary: £22,500 FTE (pro-rata'd)
Tenure: Part Time, Fixed Term Contract (to July 2020)
Start Date: Monday 3 June 2019
Hours of Work: Term Time Only, Monday - Tuesday: 7.30am-1.30pm, Wednesday - Friday: 1pm-5.30pm
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess difficult situations and handle them effectively
- Professional telephone manner
- Personal and professional integrity, must be discreet and ensure confidentiality at all times
- Competent ICT user, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask, with a calm approach when under pressure
- Ability to work independently and to manage a varied workload effectively, responding to both proactive and reactive demands
- Must be a strong team player with a warm and approachable personality
- Must have high standards of personal presentation
- Reception or customer service experience desirable
- Must have grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the safety and security of all children on site
- Acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the school
- Maintain all registers
- Answering the telephone promptly and professionally and fielding calls appropriately
- Ensuring visitors are signed in and registered at Reception in accordance with the School’s security measures
- Providing First Aid and medicine to children who require it and maintaining First Aid stock
- Using the iSAMS and ParentMail systems as required
- Accessing online accident reporting system
- Assisting parents, pupils and staff with ad hoc queries
- Keeping up to date with the School calendar to ensure knowledge of the week ahead
- Dealing with club providers and distributing registers
- Providing refreshments to visitors when required
- Providing administrative support to staff as directed by the Office Manager
- Managing the Lost Property System. Liaison with Staff / Pupils / Parents
- Taking delivery of mail and distributing accordingly
- Undertaking all other duties as may reasonably be required
Please view our full Job Description and Person Specification attached.
You must also have evidence of the right to work in the UK (i.e. Passport or working visa).
Banstead Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other relevant pre-employment checks including satisfactory references and medical clearance.
Banstead Preparatory School is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.