SCHOOL SECRETARY AND PA TO THE HEAD
Hawkesdown House School is a pre-prep for boys (ages 3-8) in the heart of Notting Hill.
This is an exciting opportunity for a versatile and dynamic individual who would enjoy rising to the challenges of a busy school office where no two days are the same. The successful candidate will have a warm, cheerful disposition, a love of children and an enthusiasm for working with people.
- This is a full-time, permanent post with a probationary initial year.
- Paid holiday is 25 days annually in liaison with the Head, which should not be taken during the term time.
- The School is closed on Bank and other public holidays and also for a few days over the Christmas period.
- Monday to Friday during term time 8.00 am to 4.30 pm. These hours may vary from time to time.
- The School is closed at the weekends but there is the occasional evening function during the week that the School Secretary would be expected to attend and two Saturdays mornings for prospective pupil events.
- During the School holidays the hours may vary in liaison with the Head.
- Lunch is provided at the School during the term time.
- There is a School dress code to follow. The office staff are required to be of smart presentation at all times
- Start date – Monday 12th February 2018.
- Closing date for applications – Tuesday 12th December 2017.
- Interviews – Monday 18th or Tuesday 19th December 2017.
- Website address: www.hawkesdown.co.uk
- Salary will be discussed at interview and the school operates its own competitive salary scale.
- Early application is advised. Applications will be assessed in order of receipt, and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received.
- Please send completed application forms with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, FAO Mrs Jenny Mackay, Headmistress.
Hawkesdown House School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.