Shore is a leading Anglican Day and Boarding School emphasising excellence in academic, cultural and sporting pursuits and fostering integrity in moral and spiritual development in a Christian environment.
Applications are invited for the following permanent, term-time position, to commence as soon as possible, but not later than mid-May 2021.
School Sergeant Major
We are seeking an experienced and committed individual to proactively role model, encourage and assist in supporting the high standards and expectations of the Senior School’s students. This position is responsible for supporting the smooth day-to-day student administration and management processes, including implementing the School’s attendance, uniform, reward, recognition and disciplinary policies.
At Shore we consider that our boys’ learning is not restricted to their academic and co-curricular achievements, but also their moral and spiritual character formation. Throughout their schooling, we seek to demonstrate what mature, courageous and upstanding community members look like, providing the skills and capabilities to thrive as contributing members of the community. Instilling respect for others, genuine service to the community and care for their own wellbeing are important aspects of their development.
Reporting to the Deputy Headmaster, this position is an important role at Shore and one in which the candidate will have opportunities to demonstrate and further develop their leadership capability. There may also be opportunities for the successful candidate to participate in the School’s extensive co-curricular program.
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example as well as the capability to set, monitor and hold others accountable against clear standards and expectations;
- Strong systems and administrative skills, including experience with databases and reporting;
- Working knowledge of a senior school environment and an appreciation for its’ day-to-day operations;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Experience in undertaking risk assessments, assisting in investigations and preparing reports;
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to act as a mentor and role model to students;
- Demonstrated capability to prioritise and maintain your composure under-pressure; and
- Genuine passion for and interest in furthering the holistic education and character development of young men.
The role may suit a former member of the armed-forces or police force, or a qualified teacher (though it does not carry a teaching load).
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate active support for the School’s Christian Ethos.
Applications addressing the above should be made in writing and submitted via seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/51865931. Applications should include a covering letter addressing the above selection criteria, a resume detailing your skills, qualifications and experience, together with names and phone numbers of referees.
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm on Friday, 9 April 2021
Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received, and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date.
For further information, please contact Mr. Rod Morrison, Deputy Headmaster on: (02) 9956 1109 or email: email@example.com
All applicants must have a current Working with Children Clearance.
SHORE - Sydney Church of England Grammar School - Senior School