Term time only – hours negotiable
£22,490 (pro rata to hours agreed and term time only)
Bolton Sixth Form College is a vibrant, highly aspirational, high achieving Sixth Form College of c. 1530 students. A modern building with fantastic facilities, the college is located in the newly developed education sector of the town centre and offers a wide range of A Level and Level 3 BTEC programmes. An excellent inspection in May 2017 strengthened the college’s ‘Good’ Ofsted grading and staff work together in an innovative and forward thinking environment to ensure the student experience is maximised and the college becomes a first choice destination for further study within the Borough.
If you are a self-motivated individual who has the skills, abilities and enthusiasm to represent the college at school careers events, deliver workshop sessions and motivational talks in conjunction with curriculum staff both in college and at external events and are confident in offering advice and guidance as appropriate to prospective students, then we would like to hear from you for the post of:
Schools Liaison Assistant
This is a key function within the college marketing strategy and we are looking to recruit an individual who has proven experience of working within a student recruitment capacity and has an interest in post 16 education as well as a rapport with young learners. The role requires a high level of flexibility within the hours allocated to ensure the college’s representation at all events, some of which may take place during the evening. However, when attending an evening event, the hours may be adjusted outside of the standard hours to both support the effective fulfilment of the job role and maintain a suitable work life balance for the post holder.
The standard working framework will be 3 days per week, 7.25 hours per day usually 8.30 am – 4.30 pm, however this is a developing role within the College and we would be pleased to consider applicants who are looking for more hours.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Work flexibly and creatively using a high degree of personal initiative, working as part of a team but also confident in taking independent action where appropriate
- Be able to respond positively and prioritise workload under pressure whilst handling large volumes of work within tight deadlines
- Be creative in their approach to all marketing events to ensure the enjoyment and engagement of prospective students
- Have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills to assist in the development and maintenance of external contacts and to be able to communicate effectively across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
We can offer you:
- A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
- A competitive salary based on the pay scale for Support Staff working in a Sixth Form College
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 26 days per year (plus statutory) increasing to 31 days with service
- Membership of an occupational pension scheme
- Optional wellbeing days / activities
- Structured professional development opportunities and involvement in regular college inset workshops
A job description and person specification are available from the College's website. Please note that only applicants who meet the criteria of the person specification will be considered.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 18th March 2018 @ midnight and applications will only be accepted on the College's application form emailed to the College personnel department.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th March 2018 (the Interview will involve a digital professional presentation from the applicant on a subject consistent with the job role)
The start date for this post will be agreed with the successful applicant but is likely to be April 2018.
All appointments at the college are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.