Job Title: Schools Officer
Location: South Coast
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract until Jan 2019
Salary: £31,510 + excellent benefits
Why Teach First?
Teach First is one of the UK’s leading education charities. We work in partnership with schools, social enterprises and other organisations to break the link between low family income and poor educational attainment. Our vision is that no child’s educational success should be limited by their socio-economic background.
What will you be doing?
You will work in line with our strategy to grow our brand awareness and relationships and place more participants (trainee teachers) into eligible partner schools across the South Coast Region. You will be the account owner and main point of contact for our schools, one of our key stakeholder groups. As such you will ensure effective communications with schools, and incoming participants. You will also be responsible for recruiting new eligible partner schools that you can then match incoming participants to for the coming year. Additionally you will lead on school events supporting our current partner schools and our new partners to engage fully in a partnership with Teach First and enhance the partnerships that we run with schools to support our schools in working towards our vision.
What makes you the ideal candidate?
• Relationship Building: Ability to establish and manage effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
• Administrative Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Communications & Marketing: Ability to communicate with, market and pitch to external audiences
• Project Management: Ability to think strategically and to develop and implement project and communications plans independently
• CRM system: Ability to develop robust systems and processes for CRM
• Education Sector Knowledge: Experience in education, not for profit, or leadership development would be advantageous
• IT Literate: Salesforce (online database, reporting, online placement tool) and Dotmailer (e-marketing tool)