Schools Relationship Manager - Italy
Category: Sales, Marketing and Publishing
Location: Bologna, Italy
What it’s about
We are looking for a Schools Relationship Manager to be responsible for supporting the activity of maintaining and growing Cambridge Assessment International Education in Italy. The Manager will develop and enhance relationships with our existing and potential customers. You will report to the Senior School Development Manager for Italy based in Cambridge. You will travel extensively in Italy and you will visit the office in Bologna periodically (2/3 times a month).
What you’ll be doing
You will be part of a team whose role is to develop business for Cambridge International in Europe. The role will be varied and will involve supporting schools with the implementation of Cambridge qualifications. You will deliver presentations at events and conferences to promote Cambridge International qualifications and services. You will work with existing schools to understand their development needs and to devise plans to meet those needs.
The main areas of activity would be to work with the Cambridge International Senior School Development Manager (SSDM) for Italy based in Cambridge in:
Implementing the strategy devised by the SSDM:
• Evaluating application forms from prospective schools
• Building relationships and supporting schools with school visits in Italy
• Giving presentations on Cambridge International developments
• Promoting Cambridge International programmes and qualifications from Primary to Upper Secondary
• Dealing with enquiries from new schools
• Undertaking School Approval Visits when requested
• Keeping the CRM system updated
• Assisting at events in the country
• Monitoring and updating La Rete (Cambridge Schools Network) Facebook page
• Working with the local PR agency to generate positive PR for Cambridge International in Italy
What we’re looking for
You will be an effective communicator, skilled in building relationships, and have credibility representing Cambridge International effectively with school principals, senior managers and teachers. You will have knowledge of Cambridge International programmes, our competitors’ products, and the international education environment in Italy. You will be a self-starter with a proactive approach to work. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with colleagues from different parts of the organization to help drive success. You must be educated to degree level.
• Ability to develop on-going relationships with our customers at a senior level as well as with other stakeholders.
• Proven business development experience in international and National education.
• Attention to detail and accuracy and ensuring that schools receive a quick response to all correspondence.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
• Confident communication and presentation skills.
• Good proven IT skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Italian native speaker and proficient in written and spoken English.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader in a new and important role.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25/06/2019 and interviews will be held on 04/07/2019 with a potential second interview on 15/07/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER