Position: Science and DT Technician
Apply by: 17th July 2019
Contract term: Full time
Job start: September 2019
School Visits: Please contact Sammie Hibbs on 0121 729 7220
CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about our academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint a technician who will be able to work between the Science and Design Technology departments.
This position requires:
• The ability to contribute to an enthusiastic and hardworking department
• To prepare (and where appropriate manufacture) teaching materials as required to ensure effective support for teaching staff in the Science and Design Technology departments
• To repair, maintain and store equipment in order to guarantee safe and effective upkeep
• To monitor standards and practices within the classroom and identify and communicate improvements to working practices to ensure the highest standards are achieved
• To assist with inventory of equipment and stock control in order to maintain a supply of equipment for teaching use. Order stock as directed by the Subject Leader so that resources are adequate for lessons
• To receive and check deliveries of supplies to ensure accuracy from suppliers
• To provide technical and learning assistance and information in the classroom and across the school community in order to support students and staff
• A team player who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA
• Personal ambition and the desire to develop as a professional
• An excellent role model for our students
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Sammie Hibbs at the Academy
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.