Capital City Academy is seeking a new science technician, from January 2021, to join our strong and enthusiastic Science department. Practical Science is at the forefront of our Science teaching across all keystages and the support of the technical team is vital especially for the A-level and Applied Science BTEC courses. The Science department is innovative and creative with a wealth of experience alongside early career teachers who bring fresh ideas for the curriculum. The technical team is led by an experienced Senior Science Technician and is supported by a second technician to deliver all the practical requirements across KS3&4. The successful candidate will have excellent scientific knowledge and qualifications, be willing to work hard to support all facets of teaching and learning in Science, be highly organised and able to use their initiative and will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed. We are willing to either train up a Science Apprentice Technician (full time apprenticeship role) or are looking for an experienced Physics technician (3 days per week).
You will be:
- passionate about science education
- qualified to at least Level 3 in Science
- able to prepare practicals for A-level Physics
- experienced in a service industry or willing to learn
- a good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with excellent Science colleagues in a very supportive environment and as part of a growing technical team
- Discounted gym membership at Willesden Sports Centre opposite the school
- Excellent CPD provision
- A school that values wellbeing
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, please complete and return the application form to email@example.com by midday on Monday 18th January 2021. Interviews will be held during the week commencing 18th January.
Capital City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years