As a Science Lab Technician you will provide technical support to science teachers by contributing to students' learning experience by assisting with the preparation of materials and apparatus for practical work including lessons and coursework.
Applicants would benefit from relevant previous experience and familiarity with the handling of chemicals and scientific equipment. A good understanding of laboratory Health & Safety (including CLEAPS) as well as Safeguarding of our students is essential.
A science background or qualifications is a requirement for this role.
- Keep stock checks, place orders, take care of deliveries and invoices as well as keep departmental financial records.
- Maintain the laboratory on a day-to-day basis.
- Take care of laboratory equipment (including microscopes), apparatus and chemicals
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of resources
- Undertake stock taking and organising the storing of chemicals and equipment in a safe manner
- Assist the Headteacher in appropriate risk assessments and maintaining H&S documentation.
- Keep up to date with developments in practical science and health and safety requirements
- Assist science teachers with planning of science practical work in line with schemes of work
- Make up solutions and assemble apparatus
- Assist in class practical’s including carrying out demonstrations
- Care for plants and/or animals, where appropriate
- Collect, check and return equipment to stores
- General Laboratory cleaning: bench surfaces and fixed equipment (laboratory sinks, emptying/supervising the emptying of sink traps)
- Safely disposing of waste materials
- Assist science teachers with displays and enrichment of the science areas of the college.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and training as appropriate.
- To adhere to and work within and implement Regent College practices and policies including those relating to Equal Opportunities.
- Recognise the importance of implementing teacher’s professional standards.
- Salary of £15 per hour
- Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Career development opportunities and continued professional development.
Established in 2000 Regent Group has a passion for education; helping learners excel personally, academically and professionally. Based in north-west London, we are experienced providers delivering quality education from nursery, through tuition services and full-time secondary school, to further and higher education and executive leadership courses.
Regent Group is building a 21st century education model for future world learners. Our vision is to become a leading provider of quality education, enriching the lives of our students and the communities in which they live and work. We pride ourselves on finding the right course for our learners at our own institutions or with an increasingly wide range of partner institutions across the globe.