Are you creative, innovative and have a passion for learning and teaching? If so, The Beacon School is the place for you. You will join a thriving team of ten Lead Practitioners including our own MAT Science Learning & Teaching Lead.
Our core purpose, as a school, is to strive for exceptional learning and you will aim to develop the quality of learning and teaching in Science and you will join a stable Science team of subject specialists.
Come and meet us...it is a department that you will instantly want to be part of.
As a colleague:
• You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
• Teach students who want to learn
• Be supported by highly experienced leaders in the department
• An excellent programme of CPD
• An opportunity to deliver CPD in the department and across the whole school
• Have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
• You will be able to collaborate with other colleagues from across the 30 GLF schools
• Receive a chromebook for all staff and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
• You can develop your career alongside colleagues from the 30 GLF Schools
• You will have access to a part funded Masters qualification
• You will have the opportunity to apply for an SLE accreditation
• There are numerous opportunities to be fast-tracked into school leadership
• There is a large range of extracurricular activities and visits to be involved with
• There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
• There is the opportunity to teach across all of the key stages including in the Sixth Form where we offer A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and we are once again heavily oversubscribed for September 2019.
We are conveniently located with excellent road links and just forty minutes by train from London Victoria.
The successful candidate will need to:
• be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• have excellent communication and leadership skills
• be able to work as part of a team leading whole school learning and teaching
• deliver whole school CPD
• provide support to colleagues as part of our successful coaching programme
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Paul Cuthbert, Deputy Headteacher.
For more information and an application form, please visit www.thebeaconschool.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon on Monday 25th February 2019
We reserve the right to call candidates to interview prior to application deadline or withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
References may be requested upon receipt of your application, so please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interview date.