Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for our students?
Do you wish to work within a supportive community of teachers and students?
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Teacher of Science to join our school in January 2019.
James Calvert Spence College is situated in a beautiful coastal town in Northumberland and is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13. We are within easy reach of urban Tyneside and beyond, with many staff travelling with ease in the opposite direction to the rush hour traffic from Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland areas.
JCSC and the science department have improved considerably over the last few years, and we are determined to secure future improvement through expansion of this core department. The position will join our Director of Science, whose team of specialist teachers deliver science teaching to years 7-13.
This position has been created to expand the specialism in either chemistry or physics at A-level.
We offer AQA combined science (trilogy), biology, chemistry and physics at GCSE. A-levels in biology, chemistry and physics are delivered to our sixth form students at A-level.
GCSE results in 2017 put JCSC in the top 2% of schools nationally for the progress made by our higher ability students in science. We have continued to have successful outcomes in 2018, particularly for the separate science.
Our pupils and staff are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to work as part of a team to drive learning forward.
This is an exciting time to join JCSC as we continue our journey towards excellence, and look to build upon excellent GCSE and A-Level outcomes in 2018. Staff and governors are fully committed to promoting equal opportunity and an outstanding educational experience for all students.
· Be a strong classroom practitioner, looking to make a positive career move in a unique environment
· Be a positive role model
· Have high expectations of yourself and others
· Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude
· Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students
We can offer you:
· Trust and autonomy to ensure you can help lead the department in the right direction to ensure our students have a great experience in science.
· Hardworking and well behaved pupils who are willing to learn
· A supportive, hardworking team of specialist Science teachers
· A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated whole staff team
· Excellent opportunities for professional development, including in-house leadership training delivered by our Assistant Headteacher
If you believe you have the experience, vision and drive required for this role then we would love to hear from you.
Should you wish to informally discuss these positions further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, email@example.com) to arrange.