We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Science Teacher for September 2021 with the potential for a TLR for Key Stage 3 coordinator.
Sawtry Village Academy is part of the successful and expanding Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust, a group of primary and secondary schools. Sawtry is a fast-growing village with excellent transport links to the North and South via the A1/A14.
The successful candidate, ideally with a subject specialism in Chemistry (although applications from other areas of Science will be considered) will join a stable, well-resourced and very successful Science department offering a broad range of courses at both pre and post 16. The post would suit a newly qualified teacher or an experienced practitioner.
We are looking for a passionate teacher who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and a genuine enthusiasm for working with young people.
The position has the potential for a TLR, as KS3 Coordinator, for a suitably experienced candidate. Please indicate within your application whether you wish to be considered for this responsibility.
Sawtry Village Academy was inspected by Ofsted (January 2018) which graded the Academy GOOD across all measurable categories with an OUTSTANDING Post-16 provision. Our results are constantly placed well above the national average for progress. We have recently completed Stage 1 of a building programme for refurbishment which has seen the opening of a newly constructed £3 million classroom block.
CMAT supports teachers to access the National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) for Middle Leaders (NPQML) and Senior Leaders (NPQSL). We are able to offer this excellent professional development opportunity for those interested. In addition, NQTs are supported by specialist mentors and can expect a considerably reduced teaching load in their first and second year.
CMAT is a success story that continues to grow and part of our success is down to our ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best teachers. It is also driven by our ability to adapt to the changing educational landscape led by determined staff who bring our academies alive with their enthusiastic personalities, unshakeable work ethic and their commitment to delivering exceptional learning experiences for our children. What makes Sawtry Village Academy, and the Trust as a whole, different is that we know how to nurture and bring out the very best in our talented staff.
What we can offer you:
• a philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
• a commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
• a purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
• motivated and engaged students, and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
• a commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good teachers - and partnership working, as part of our Teaching School status and within our family of schools.
• Experienced mentors are available to support NQTs through their induction year.
You will be:
• an outstanding Teacher of Science
• able to build effective working relationships with students and staff
• able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
• willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
• able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
Staff at the academy have access to a supportive CPD programme throughout the year, their own laptop, classrooms with interactive whiteboards and other benefits such as an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a 24-hour telephone counselling service, together with information, support and guidance on a variety of issues.
This is an exciting time to join SVA as we continue our journey as part of a vibrant and forward-thinking Trust. If you would like to discuss further details about the role, please contact Simon Moore (Faculty Leader for Science & PE) firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 12th April 2021 at 9am.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th April 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
Sawtry Village Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Sawtry Village Academy is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form in Cambridgeshire, serving students from the age of 11-18. The school, situated in Sawtry, Huntingdon, has approximately 900 students on record.