Do you have experience teaching children with Special Educational Needs and looking to work as part of a collaborative team in providing the best access to education for young children?
Esland Care are currently seeking a Science Teacher who is also able to deliver to a small group of pupils based at one of our established SEN Schools in Congleton.
We are looking for an outstanding, committed and motivated qualified teacher to contribute to the development of teaching and learning and curriculum across Key Stages 4 and 5. Pupils will be expected to cover a range of qualification ranging from Entry Level Certificates, through Functional Skills to GCSE. This will be an exciting opportunity for a committed classroom practitioner who can display a real passion for inspiring and challenging the pupils at the School.
A flexible approach with a can-do ethos is essential, as is drive, enthusiasm and sense of humour. If you are adaptable, innovative and child focused then we want to hear from you. We will be looking to recruit a staff team that has a multitude of talents to enable us to provide a rich academic curriculum from the outset and look forward to hearing what additional skills, talents and interests you could bring to this role.
What we need from you
- Qualified Teacher status
- Solid experience of working with specialist education for young people with SEMH
- Solid experience of working with young people that challenge
- Some knowledge and experience of vocational educational pathways
- Committed, conscientious and passionate about inclusion
- Ability to plan, evaluate and monitor learning and progress
- Ability to differentiate all aspects of learning to promote inclusion and attainment
- Ability to build good relationships with young people and all others supporting the pupil
- Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and use their time effectively
- Resilience, stamina, flexibility and excellent inter-personal skills
- A positive attitude to hard work and challenging situations
- A good sense of humour
What we can offer
- Commitment to CPD
- A supportive, inclusive working environment
- Access to a wide range of benefits, including Perkbox and our pension scheme
- Staff recognition awards
- Competitive salary
- A highly rewarding job with no risk of boredom
The Esland Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is on a full time, 39-week permanent basis.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Esland Isaac Newton School
- Special needs with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years